We Help Students Pursue Their Passion
With the help of our generous sponsors – we help students find their passion across many industries in Global Trade
Meet Past Recipients
- Raphael DaniloPrevNextRaphael DaniloUniversity of Southern California
My experience is a bit different than most college students’ of my age. I am in the World Bachelor in Business program…studying on three different continents and at the end of my four year graduation I will have a degree from three top business schools on each continent—USC here, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in Asia and Bocconi, which is one of the best business schools in Europe. I have been lucky to be one of the first cohorts to join this program.
- Elizabeth WarrenPrevNextElizabeth WarrenUniversity of Southern California and University of Hong Kong
The opportunities for working with interested parties around the globe are endless, and my extensive network of connections through chambers of commerce, trade associations, academia, private industry and government provides incredible opportunities for me to capitalize on my entrepreneurial spirit to create dialogue with policy makers and decision makers to enable those better outcomes for our communities.
- Robert WatsonPrevNextRobert WatsonUniversity of California, Los Angeles
Ultimately, I hope that I will be able to use my career, hopefully as a representative on city council or in state government, to promote trade, rather than disregard it on the basis of unsubstantiated myths. Doing this will inevitably promote the general economic welfare of all those who seek to engage in global commerce, ultimately leading to more affordable and accessible goods and services in the long run!
- Jonathan BustamantePrevNextJonathan BustamantePhineas Banning Senior High
I would [like to] create a movement for my community. A movement to ignite change in the mindset of the youth. As you walk the halls of Banning, it’s disheartening to see so many students give up on the possibility of a life outside of Wilmington. Nothing that is worth it in life comes easy, but everyone has a reason to fight.
- Clarissa Diaz
- Cai FordPrevNextCai FordWestchester Enriched Science Magnet
International trade allows us to expand our markets for both goods and services that otherwise may not have been available to us. I am eager to create new marketing strategies to further expand international trade through market research, market segmentation and targeting. I am ready to fill the world with new and advanced forms of international transportation to make the world a cleaner more connected place.
- Ethan LandPrevNextEthan LandShadow Ridge
With computer science, I can help people abroad advertise, as well as create websites for easier global access to a company or country. International law would be even more useful. It could help with catching and prosecuting suspicious shipments, resolving [disputes] with companies not paying on time, and counterfeiting. I am excited to begin my journey into a fascinating career.
- Priscila Lopez
- Joseph LozanoPrevNextJoseph LozanoPhineas Banning Senior High
I have been interested in studying business from my global trade class where I learned the trading scale in the world. My previous summer internship with the Port of Los Angeles prepared me to work in the field and gave me the necessary experience to obtain a desirable position.
- Carlos OtanoPrevNextCarlos OtanoThe Buckley School
World trade is a business that involves….goods and services, and transporting them to interested markets. My goal is to create animated characters that are as relatable to the people in the United States as they are to the International Market. I think true world trade serves to bring us together.
- Mariah RamirezPrevNextMariah RamirezRobert A. Millikan High School
I am learning that everything we see on a day to day basis is possible because of international trade. It is the reason why we have a wide variety of products to choose from when we go to the store and is part of the reason why our country’s economy is the way it is. International trade is and will continue to be an important aspect in everyone’s life.
- Cassidy TshimblangaPrevNextCassidy TshimblangaCarondelet High School
My career goal is to run a global non-profit. My interest in global community service has come from my experience working in an orphanage in Africa and seeing the poor and vulnerable around the world. I want to connect my interest in global service with my business knowledge to influence others. I want to have a seat at the table on critical global issues affecting the poor. A MBA will allow me to really lean in on these issues in a more profound way.
- Bianca VelazquezPrevNextBianca VelazquezPort of Los Angeles High School
As a future student of Cal Maritime, I will be very prepared for my career in logistics. A business degree will allow me to contribute to international trade. Ports and international trade are extremely important in our everyday lives. They provide many jobs for our community and the opportunity for growth.
- Sam Clark
- Roberto Enciso III
- Rachel ValenciaPrevNextRachel ValenciaPhineas Banning High School[At the International Trade Academy] I learned that you have to be determined and on your feet in regards to keeping up with the global market. I will make small changes and put effort into our future through international trade, because one small change can lead to something big and remarkable.
- Phoenyx GastonPrevNextPhoenyx GastonLong Beach PolytechnicInternational trade is one of the key components in the world economy. [It] helps with economic growth and development. As a future Business Administration major and Biotechnology minor, I know these two fields [will] have a major influence on international trade.
- Olivia Kim
- Mellina SilverPrevNextMellina SilverUniversity of Southern CaliforniaMy goal is to attend law school and study international law. [I also look forward to] the opportunity to give back through the mentor aspect... once I am established in my career... as I realize any amount of support is invaluable in reaching one’s personal and professional goals.
- Mayra Corrales
- Marlee GotoPrevNextMarlee GotoWest High SchoolAs a participant in the Silicon Valley IT program, listening to speeches from business leaders and companies ranging from start -up businesses to those that are well-known, I understood the importance of holding... international connections as well as to think on a global scale in order to succeed. I wish to work with people from around the globe.
- Maria Gallegos
- Kyerstin GallowayPrevNextKyerstin GallowaySan Pedro High SchoolInternational trade means going beyond the goods and sharing the different cultures prevalent throughout the world. It provides the communication of innovation and ideas that help many nations take a step towards a brighter future regardless of what their goals may be.
- Kyara GallowayPrevNextKyara GallowaySan Pedro High SchoolIt all started here, at home in San Pedro, looking out at the harbor and recognizing the...significant impact that trade conducted through the Port has. I see daily how important international trade is to the individuals of San Pedro, the state of California, and the nation.
- Konrad Asprodites
- Destiny RamirezPrevNextDestiny RamirezEl Camino High SchoolInternational trade is the backbone of our commercial world. I see numerous benefits for businesses who are involved in international trade, like...competitiveness, increase in sales and profits, potential expansion of businesses and gaining a global market share. [As a future entrepreneur] my career is in the international trade market.
- Cristopher BortolonPrevNextCristopher BortolonUniversity of Southern CaliforniaI am looking forward to learning and living abroad the next few years to complete my degree in international business. [In the future] I hope to work as a consultant for companies that are profit-driven, yet work for a social mission. I believe that business with a purpose is the key to a meaningful career.
- Ashley GuinnPrevNextAshley GuinnUniversity of California Los AngelesI’ve shadowed top executive and international governmental agencies in bilingual meetings, which exhibited the strength of international bonds and global business. I’ve gained considerable knowledge about the relationship between economic growth and trade and partnerships. My career ambitions are evident and hold the potential for a promising future in international trade.
- Alex Clark
- Nancy Wuitron
- Renee Salceda
- Xinjie (Regina) XuPrevNextXinjie (Regina) XuTroy High SchoolWhile pursuing my dream for an international education enterprise, the endless possibilities of global business have encouraged me to seek solutions for a better regulated and stabilized global economy. I wish to contribute my passion for a better global economy and contribute my knowledge to deliver business value everywhere.
- Radhika NaikPrevNextRadhika NaikCalifornia State University, Long BeachInterning at Shift Freight gave me an overall grooming to understand and operate in the transportation industry. Now, I understand how various factors contribute to optimization and how the overall process can be improved. I am hoping, with this knowledge, I will [...] build models which optimize all the variables to make the transportation industry more effective and efficient.
- Naidelyn Sanchez
- Lorraine Horta
- Katherine KronheimPrevNextKatherine KronheimPort of Los Angeles High SchoolI believe that as the global economy becomes more independent, there will be a strong need for modern ports with the ability to move huge amounts of cargo in and out in a way that is both profitable and environmentally responsible. I look forward to playing a leading role in that challenge.
- Justin Alecock
- Hector Favela-CoreasPrevNextHector Favela-CoreasSouth Gate High SchoolI acknowledge that our country’s economy is founded on international trade. It is through international trade that our citizens are able to attain most of the products and services they possess, but most importantly it is the reason why so many of our citizens have jobs.
- Coralia Rodriguez
- Aarslan RafiquePrevNextAarslan RafiqueLos Angeles High SchoolI plan to study abroad in China where I will build connections and learn diverse forms of business strategies...The world functions primarily because of international trade; I am eager to be a leader of society and use my knowledge and ideas to help make the economy of the United States prosperous.