Interested in a career in international trade? Use this guide to obtain information about the different industries, both private and public, which can help you seize the opportunities provided by international trade.
Explore Careers In Global Trade
Los Angeles Region Global Trade Career Guide
Produced by the CA Community Colleges, in partnership with the L.A. Area Chamber of Commerce, this comprehensive Career Guide provides high school and college students with an opportunity to explore careers in Global Trade in SoCal. It is designed not only for students, but also to assist teachers, counselors, and others to infuse Global Trade in their pathways and programs.
This guide is unique in that it is regional, highlights local employers, and spotlights local professionals so students see the global opportunities in their local communities. While there are different levels of expertise required for careers in Global Trade, this guide will show you the many middle-skill positions available in the Los Angeles Region.
- Trade Policy and PromotionMain Administrator2017-06-06T19:25:48+00:00
Trade Policy and Promotion
- Sales and ProcurementMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:16:03+00:00
Sales and Procurement
- Merchandise Product DevelopmentMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:15:00+00:00
Merchandise Product Development
- MarketingMain Administrator2017-06-16T22:16:06+00:00
- LogisticsMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:10:37+00:00
- LawMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:09:37+00:00
- International EntrepreneurshipMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:08:42+00:00
- Government Relations & LobbyingMain Administrator2018-08-06T23:02:18+00:00
Government Relations & Lobbying
- FinanceMain Administrator2017-09-15T17:22:05+00:00
- EducationMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:06:35+00:00
- Economic and Social DevelopmentMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:03:10+00:00
Economic and Social Development
- E-Commerce & TechnologyMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:02:17+00:00
E-Commerce & Technology
- ConsultingMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:01:13+00:00
- BankingMain Administrator2017-08-23T16:59:49+00:00
- Communications/Public RelationsMain Administrator2017-08-23T17:21:00+00:00
The Los Angeles Region Global Trade Sector of California Community Colleges is proud to sponsor the World Trade Week Celebration.
The goals of Global Trade are to supply in-demand skills, create relevant career pathways, and get students into open jobs. The world economy is becoming increasingly global, and graduates with global marketing, ecommerce and supply chain management skills will continue to be in demand. As a priority sector of California Community Colleges, we equip the next generation of leaders in international trade through our 19 community colleges in LA County. Educators with a wide range of global expertise are at the helm, giving students relevant, real-world experiences inside and outside the classroom.
With two of the largest ports, and one of the busiest airports in the United States in our own backyard, it is critical now more than ever for Los Angeles, and for California, that we provide students with the knowledge and background necessary to compete for jobs in today’s global ecosystem. However, jobs in the Global Trade sector go far beyond airports and Shipping ports.
It’s not unheard of for California companies to seek out candidates to fill hundreds of thousands of positions in export-oriented jobs and supply chain/logistics occupations in a single year. These companies need individuals who are well versed in subjects of trade financing, eCommerce, customs, and international transportation, and who understand cultural and ethical issues that come up when doing business with suppliers and customers around the world. We prepare students for the opportunities to be part of the global marketplace whether they hope to work for a company, or want to start their own.
Visit The Global Trade website to learn more about our Sector, and visit the California Community Colleges website to find programs that will make you workforce ready.
We Have an AMAZING Scholarship Program!
The World Trade Week committee offers scholarships to aspiring students in international trade fields. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding graduating high school seniors entering an accredited college or university with the goal of a career in international trade, as well as college students pursuing international degrees. By fostering international trade education and international business development, the committee hopes to develop a network of international trade professionals willing to provide mentoring to future students interested in international business. Learn more